Portsmouth, Virginia (WAVY) – A local organization is looking for a baby formula amid a nationwide recall.
Officials from Her refuge in Portsmouth say they have been forced to remove most of the supplies they have reserved for local babies and now they need help to replenish supplies.
February 17 c The FDA has warned consumers do not use blends manufactured at Abbott Nutrition in Michigan due to complaints of Cronobacter sakazakii and Salmonella.
Her shelter says they need Similac brand formulas, particularly listed below:
- Similac Advance Infant Formula (blue spray) – the most commonly used – is the highest priority
- Similac Sensitive (orange bank) is a medium priority
- Similac Alimentum (purple spray) is a medium priority
- Similac Total Comfort (pink bank) is a medium priority
- Similac Isomil (red can) is a medium priority
- Similac Neosure (light pink jar) – light priority
- Similac for Supplementation (green spray) – light priority
To help the organization replenish stocks, call 757-737-4523 to arrange withdrawal or withdrawal.