NORFOLK, Virginia (Wavy) – If you’ve missed your chance over the last three years to get a pack of the popular IPA Saturday Morning Marshmallow from Smartmouth Brewing, that’s fine.
The brewery is going to produce grain-themed beer on March 5 for the fourth year, reminiscent of Lucky Charms.
But the situation is getting sweeter: three other cereals are also on the way.
IPA Saturday Morning Marshmallow IPA, dubbed “nostalgically funny,” quickly sold out every year it was sold. Last year, all the beer was sold out on the day of the pre-sale.
In the first year Norfolk Brewery said the beer was inspired by “lazy Saturday mornings, watching cartoons, video games and eating sweet porridge”.
Below is a description of this year’s braga:
All four “nostalgically funny” beers will be available in a full set of boxes. Each box has:
- 4 packages Saturday Morning Marshmallow IPA
- 4 packs of Sticky Bricks Blonde Ale
- 4 packs of Caveman Confetti Fruited Gose
- 1 bottle of 500 ml of the new and improved Saturday Night Imperial Stout aged in barrels of bourbon
Each box set has a “special prize,” and one winner will receive a year of free membership to Inner Circle, which costs $ 200.
A box set is the only way to buy a bottle of Saturday Night.
Pre-orders for the beer will begin Wednesday, Feb. 23 at 10 p.m. smartmouthbrewing.com website.
The March 5 release party in Norfolk from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. includes:
- Ghost Cuisine Breakfast Burrito (All Day)
- Coffee Kobros (11: 00-14: 00)
- Waffles (11: 00-15: 00)
- Pop-up for dessert Bar-Q
- Pop-up for NFK Vintage 90s locker room
- NFK.VA Norfolk Currents Popup
- Pop-up with music vinyl
- Retro Video Games Button Slashers & Mario Kart Tournament
- DJ Doddie (NFK) 11:30 – 14:30
- Koren Grace (NFK) 4 – 17:00
- All these 90s (NFK) 17 – 20:00
The March 5 release party at Virginia Beach Pilot House runs from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and includes:
- Breakfast Donniefris (all day)
- Bear House Coffee (11: 00-16: 00)
- All good granola (11: 00-17: 00)
- My Vegan Sweet Tooth Pop-up (11: 00-17: 00)
- Cartoons on the big screen (all day)
- 90s Nate Sacks (12:00 – 15:00)
Alcoholic beverages, such as new releases from Smartmouth, can only be served to individuals over 21 years of age.